Board index RFE Plugin Series - Official Forums RFE Modelers/Developers Corner & Tutorials PLUGIN Support & Info time increasing

time increasing

Moderators: Slow Motion, ilo, RFE Staff

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:59 pm

is it possibile to edit and increase the time betwen different weather conditions?

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:05 pm
Slow Motion User avatar
Site Admin

In Random mode you can play with the "RandomizerUpdateInterval" (default is 5.0) into the rfeweather.ini file, otherwise using the Script mode you are free to set everything as you like... More detailed info are into the manual.
Slow Motion, Head of PR, Graphics & Web Site Coordinator, Co-Admin of symracing.net/rfeseries/forum

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:49 am

thanks!!! I was meaning exactly that!

and is there a way, for the random mode, to increase the sun probability compared to the rain?

thanks for your reply

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:29 am
Slow Motion User avatar
Site Admin

I suggest to read more in the forum about the random mode... it changed during the time, from a yearly basis to a race basis... in few words, into the rfeweather.ini you find any info you need. Read it carefully
Slow Motion, Head of PR, Graphics & Web Site Coordinator, Co-Admin of symracing.net/rfeseries/forum

Post Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:44 am

I read all the manual

I understood the "RandomizerUpdateInterval" set the time between different weather conditions

but I'm sorry (I'm not a beast in english) I have some difficulty to understand where it is possibile to set the probabilities of any condition in random mode..
I mean... when I start a race, the random mode should choose from a list of probabilities like this:

50% sunny
25% cloudy
20% rainy
5% monson

it should be for any race, any track, not a particular track

Post Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:36 pm
Slow Motion User avatar
Site Admin

Random means random LOL
It means you have not many chances to set how you suppose the random feature works.
As the rfeweater.ini recalls:
[Random Weather]
# The variables in this section only affects weather generation when the session
# is using Random Mode.

# The average rain is used to indicate the probability of rain during the
# session, from 0.0 to 1.0. The bigger the chances of rain the worst the weather
# will be and thus stronger storms could be expected.
# When the value is 0.0, the plugin will look for this parameter in the GDB file
# of the loaded track and use its value, otherwise this value will be used to generate
# the weather conditions. If the value in the GDB is also 0.0f or is not defined,
# the plugin will use a default value of 0.5
Average Rain = 0.35

# The average rain intensity allows to reduce the chances of getting hard weather
# conditions even with higher rain probabilites. The smaller the value, the smaller
# the storms and presence. The value of this parameter goes from 0.0 to 1.0.
# When the value is 0.0, the plugin will look for this parameter in the GDB file
# of the loaded track and use its value, otherwise this value will be used to generate
# the weather conditions. If the value in the GDB is also 0.0f or is not defined,
# the plugin will use a default value of 0.5
Average Rain Intensity = 0.30

# The average day temp helps to create ambient temperatures around a certain value.
# The bigger the value, the higher the temperatures on random conditions. The value
# of this parameter goes from 0.0 to 40.0, however high values are not recommended.
# the plugin will use a default value of 20.0
Average Day Temp = 20.0

So you can play with this value for increasing/decreasing the chances of rain: Average Rain = and increasing/decreasing the intensity of the rain: Average Rain Intensity on a race /weekend time basis.

That's all, otherwise you must create a script.

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:33 am

The average rain was exaclty what I was searcing for!

awesome

thanks

Return to PLUGIN Support & Info